The VIVA vascular Lab specializes in performing vascular ultrasound examinations. Our technologists have passed board examinations through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) to become Registered Vascular Technologists (RVT). The vascular lab is accredited through the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL). Some of the examinations performed in the lab include:
- Evaluation of upper and lower extremity arteries for peripheral arterial disease (PAD).
- Evaluation of carotid arteries for plaque which can cause a stroke.
- Evaluation of the abdominal aorta to look for an aneurysm.
- Evaluation of renal arteries and kidneys to look for an arterial stenosis.
- Evaluation of leg veins for deep vein thrombosis as well as varicose veins.
- Evaluation of the veins in the arm for vein thrombosis.
All of the examinations performed at VIVAI are interpreted by board certified radiologists, or vascular surgeons The radiologists are certified by the American Board of Radiology, with a Certificate of Added Qualifications in Interventional Radiology. The doctors are members of the Society of Interventional Radiology, the Society of Vascular Surgery, and other professional associations.
- R. Donald Doherty Jr., M.D., RVT, RPVI
- John J. McLaughlin, M.D.
- John D. Statler, M.D., FSIR
- John D. Gleason, MD
- Jaime All, MD
- Victor J. D’Addio MD., FACS
- Larry F. Koenig, MD
Virginia Interventional and Vascular Associates
10401 Spotsylvania Avenue
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22408
Phone : (540) 654-9118 Fax : (540) 654-9116
Office Hours: 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday—Friday